Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So this one time, I walked up and down a London road with every intention of getting to the grocery and back home without issue... And then I realized (at the store) that I'd left my wallet at the house. 

Fail.

Duly embarrassed, I ditch the kit, hike back home and then... Yup. Back to the store. I grant you that Hammersmith is only a mile down the road from my humble abode. Still! After all the giddy joy of walking back to the store, re-shopping, and actually paying this time... I took the bus. All four stops.

The only thing I can think, though, is that my feet thank me for investing in a travelpass, a most wonderful invention. Lazy or not, I'm back home now, making dinner and drinking tea. Like a boss.

Bonus: Cheever, the gigantic Newfoundland we live with, loves carrots. Loves them. He was all sorts of crazy happy when I lugged in a kilo of them for him. Messy carrot-guts now adorn not only Cheever but a good portion of my jeans (that dog can slobber!) and yet, it was a good day. Now, time to crack down on submissions and get working again. 

After dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment